sunnuntai 18. tammikuuta 2015

The silver fox

I am entering this card for the Rubberdance January challenge (silver and icy blue colours) and the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge ( inky backgrounds)



Like many other crafters I am still under the effect of my crafty New Years resolutions... Which means for example getting rid of old bits and pieces. I have had this inky background for some time. It is the result of experiments using clear embossing powder for a resist effect. The pattern has been dabbed onto water colour paper with an embossing dabber through a Tim Holtz stencil. After heat setting the embossing powder I added Distress inks straight from the ink pads and sprayed with a pearl spray. When everything was dry, I used an iron and copypaper to remove the embossing.


I sewed the text on with my sewing machine. A darker yarn might have been better, but this is what I started with, and so it had to stay. The little foxes are from a Gorjuss stamp set.




4 kommenttia:

  1. Super cute card! The stitched detail looks fantastic! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Such a fun card! Love the background - nice that you found a good use for it. Very cool with the sewing machine stitched words! Thank you for entering our January challenge once more, Kristiina! :-)
    xox

    VastaaPoista
  3. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at our Rubber Dance Frosty Challenge!

    VastaaPoista
  4. So cute! Thanks for joining the challenge over at Rubber Dance.

    VastaaPoista