sunnuntai 22. helmikuuta 2015

Pure imagination

I love reading fantasy novels... but as I searched for a book to take a picture of this bookmark, all I could find on our shelves were comics: my husbands comic collection has taken up all the spare shelf space :) They are of course pure imagination as well, so no harm done.


I am posting this bookmark for the Paperartsy challenge (theme: paint). I bought some canvas sheets recently, and started by painting them with acrylic paints. I don't have any fancy paints, just a cheap set of primary colours and some metallics. This canvas has been painted by squirting some yellow straight on the canvas and dabbing the brush with red before starting to spread the yellow around. After spreading the paint I sprayed some Dylusions Bubblegum pink and was done. After a session of trial and error I have learned that stamping on the canvas is best done with paint, because of the texture on the surface. I don't have any Paperartsy stamps(yet...) these are from VivaLasVegaStamps. The strip af canvas has been adhered to a "blank" bookmark (it suitably covers some messy stamping I once did) and I stiched around the edges to make sure it stays put.


1 kommentti: