tiistai 31. maaliskuuta 2015

Create your own sunshine

I'm getting greedy, this is my third entry for the Craft Barn calendar challenge. This of course means, that if everything goes well, I'll have three calendars at the end of the year, how cool is that? This started with a leftover image (the dancing lady, Rubberdance) and the feeling I should practice scrapbook -style layouts. Besides the Craft Barn challenge (Yellow and rabbits) I am also posting for the SimonSaysStamp challenges Monday (pastel colours, I admit my yellow lace is a bit bright) and Wednesday (Anything goes).


I have several 8x8 scrap pads that I've bought on sale and never use. This orange card is from the DCVW Mediterranean pack. The lady and the sentiment are from Rubberdance, the willow branches are Chocolate Baroque and the bunny from Crafty Individuals.

As you can see, there is no calendar visible. That is because I checked on the "real" calendar we have on the wall, and decided to copy the structure: the March calendar days will be behind the April page once I choose what card to use for it. Before building my image I made holes for jump rings and drew a grid behind this one and filled in the days of February. I have used the standard Finnish calendar layout with weeks running from Monday to Sunday and I added the name-days, because they usually are present on Finnish calendars.


I really like the way the willow branches turned out. I stamped the branch with Versafine Vintage Sepia and coloured the twig with a colour pencil and covered the whole image with glossy accents. When dry, the glossy surface works as a resist, and I added green inks with an ink blender. On the first two I added white sharpie on top of the Glossy Accents, but on the other two I decided it was unnecessary.

This will certainly be my last post for March, now I have to get some real work done before I start attacking my missing calendar pages for January and February... and whatever comes for April!

5 kommenttia:

  1. This is really pretty, Kristiina! Love the scrapbook-style look!
    It's so nice to see that you are using your new stamps from us! :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. Oh what a gorgeous layout, Kristina! Love the peaches and yellows and all the flowers! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Gorgeous layout and colour scheme. Love how you've done the willows! Congrats on your win..

    VastaaPoista
  4. I love the idea of creating your calendar. Very clever! Very pretty design. Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    VastaaPoista
  5. Elegant looking card.

    VastaaPoista