keskiviikko 13. toukokuuta 2015

Give a dog a bone

I'm posting this happy little card for last weeks Stampotique Designers challenge (stencils)... they only have one inlinkz per month, so does that mean it's ok to post all month long? I guess I'm about to find out. In any case, I'm not late for the Craft Barn weekly challenge (bunting) and the Country View May challenge (Simply scenic).


I made the background by creating a subtle resist effect using a TCW stencil: placed paper on top of stencil and rubbed with a white wax crayon all over it, then painted with green mica watercolour. The doggy was stamped on the background and on a separate piece of paper, where I coloured it with Distress markers. I had these lovely tiny scraps of sprayed linen left over from a previous project, and used them to make a scruffy bunting... Love that texture! Stitched all over with my sewing machine and added the fussy cuts with foam tape. Can't help smiling when I look at this :)


6 kommenttia:

  1. Great card, love your background technique, putting that on my to try list :-)

    VastaaPoista
  2. That's one of my favourite Stampotique stamps and I love how you used it, delightful :)
    ( Yes you can play with each challenge each month :) )
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    VastaaPoista
  3. Oh Kristiina, this is definitely a happy card, so cute!! Thank you for joining in with The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    VastaaPoista
  4. Hello Kristina,
    Cute card, and a wonderful Bg using the wax, Thanks for joining us this moth at CVC. and yes you can enter all month long, even more than once with us as long as it is a different project.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    VastaaPoista
  5. I will have to get a white crayon and try that background technique. A great card.

    VastaaPoista
  6. So cute!
    Thank you for joining us at the stampotique designers challenge blog

    VastaaPoista