lauantai 7. marraskuuta 2015

A trio of triptychs

I'm posting three cards for the Paperartsy triptych challenge ( simply because I don't know what to do with home decor, cards are easier to pass on! ). I'm also posting for the SimonSaysStamp Monday challenge (So glossy). Each card uses Jofy flowers and has the same sentiment (or actually only half of it, from JOFY33).


I cut three 5 cm x 15 cm panels and coloured them with as little Bister as possible (red, yellow and blue). I stamped the flowers with black ink, heat embossed with clear powder and added colour with Distress Markers and a waterbrush + some accents with a white gel pen. The backgrounds looked a bit dull, so I sprayed with pearl/glimmer sprays in the image colours and Colour Bloom Tea Stain. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on each card, cut each panel in three and mounted them on foam pads. Here's each card separately, their envelopes peaking from behind:




For some reason (anyone know why?) the Colour Bloom spray didn't seem to dry properly.  After stamping the envelopes, I decided I have to do something about the sticky panels: I sprinkled clear embossing powder over the squares and heated it. A bit tricky with everything already mounted on the card base, and a bit silly with some parts almost covered with the gloss, others just a bit splattered, but all in all nice, and no longer sticky.









4 kommenttia:

  1. So creative and so beautiful! I love how you used these stamps, Kristlina. xx

    VastaaPoista
  2. Beautiful cards - love how they look so fresh and clean but also a little bit rustic due to the bistres, very cool X

    VastaaPoista
  3. These are beautiful! I love the triptych idea. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    VastaaPoista