perjantai 11. joulukuuta 2015

December calendar

The Craft Barn calendar challenge has reached December, and I have one 2016 calendar done :) ... still two to go! The December calendar prompts are silver/gold and trees. I decided on a lovely bird tree stamp that hasn't been used before, it's from VivaLasVegaStamps last years Christmas plate.


After heat embossing the stamp I started trying it out on different backgrounds, and to my surprise found I could use one from an 8x8 pad that rarely finds it place (DCWV Mariposa). I love how the imagery suits the little birds on the branches. I had to draw two calendar grids : the November one behind this and the December one behind the January page. This way the whole calendar will be flippable all year round.


After the first pages I imagined this would become terribly thick and bought large book rings to eventually bind this together. As the calendar has grown, my amount of embellishments has become less and less, so it didn't become as thick as I thought and the rings are about twice as big as necessary. So even though this is theoretically finished, I might do some shopping and change those rings before giving this forward :)


The previous pages of this calendar can be found through the following links. I might also get around to doing a post with pics of each page gathered in one place.



2 kommenttia:

  1. A gorgeous calendar page to finish of the challenge! I have no idea what I'm going to do with mine now it is finished. Sending best wishes for a fabulous 2016 to you and your loved ones :D

    VastaaPoista
  2. Love the bird tree image. A great page for the last month of the year. Happy 2016!

    VastaaPoista