sunnuntai 17. tammikuuta 2016

B is for Bananaquit

I actually googled what the name of this bird is in English, glad it happens to start with b too :) I'm joining in the Craft Barn alpha/dictionary challenge, and decided to start snipping into a wildlife encyclopedia that has been bought for this purpose. The first snips are always the worst! Since the colours of the bird were a perfect fit, I'm also posting for the Rubber Dance January challenge (black, white and choice of colour).


The card is a bit larger than an ATC, half of A6. I used Distress Inks to colour the edges and promarkers to colour my letter (it's from the Rubber Dance Alphabet Uno sheet). The music paper is from my stash, and I couldn't resist adding some sewing :) The description of the bird is on the other side of the card, and since most of you probably don't understand a word of it, here is a link to wikipedia :)


Thanks for peeking, join along in these fun challenges!

13 kommenttia:

  1. Lovely, Kristiina, I love the colour combo ♥

    VastaaPoista
  2. Really striking colour combination. An excellent start to the dictionary challenge xx

    VastaaPoista
  3. What an interesting word, I've never heard of this bird. I'm happy to see you playing along with this challenge.

    VastaaPoista
  4. B stands for beautiful! Love the stitching! Cool idea with a description of the bird on the back.
    Thank you for using some of my stamps for your creation.
    ♥♥♥

    VastaaPoista
  5. Love this! I've gone for a bird too :)

    VastaaPoista
  6. Oh how wonderful. I am delighted to see you are using something other than an English dictionary, because I might learn a few words. What an unusual and beautiful bird. Sewing always makes a spread more interesting. It's a great first entry for the Craft Barn challenge.

    VastaaPoista
  7. Wow - a bird I've not come across before! Great page!

    VastaaPoista
  8. A fabulous piece of art work, love the image you have chosen and the definition even if I couldn't translate it :)

    VastaaPoista
  9. Beautiful card, I've never heard of this bird, will go and google it right now :)

    VastaaPoista
  10. Love yur bird and layout for your page.

    VastaaPoista
  11. Pretty bird and I love that name!! What fun. Hugz

    VastaaPoista
  12. A great start to the 2016 challenge.

    VastaaPoista