sunnuntai 10. heinäkuuta 2016

W is for the Weddell seal

The Craft Barn alpha/dictionary challenge is asking for W. My wildlife encyclopedia didn't offer many options, because w is not really used in the Finnish language :) Anyway, let me introduce you to one of the largest seals that exist. It is also an extremist, being able to dive deeper and longer than any other seal! The weddell seal is relatively common and has been researched a lot... and it has been measured to dive up to 600m deep and to have stayed under water for even 75 minutes. I would be quite at loss for air even after 75 seconds!


I used a bit of tissue paper coloured with Paperartsy Infusion The Sage for the background. My table is a mess, and I haven't been able to find the little snippet that says "weddellinhylje" that should go on the front of this card. For the back I used a Rubber Dance background stamp inked with a bunch of Distress inks.



3 kommenttia:

  1. Super background that gives the feel of the sea.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Ohhh, yummmmy background behind the seal!
    The stitching adds such a cool detail.
    Thank you for using my stamps!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Great effect with the distress inks. Your background is really like cold foamy seas xx

    VastaaPoista