tiistai 23. kesäkuuta 2015

Flora

At last I got around to doing a calendar page for the Craft Barn calendar challenge ( June prompts Lavender and Dragonflies). I used some new floral stamps, and coloured a couple before deciding that the Iris would fit my calendar page...


and the other one could make a card. I added a bow on the card so as to be able to post for the Craft Barn weekly challenge (Bows).


The floral stamps and the sentiment are from a VivaLasVegaStamps stamp sheet I just bought. I've been looking at it for a while :) I'll admit I had to check Google for pictures on Irises to get ideas of how to vary the colour on the petals. The other flower is cute, but I couldn't find any references with just the latin name... if someone can name it, please do... but as it is, I can of course give it any colour I please, since I don't know what it "should" be! I stamped them on Canson mixed media paper with Versafine Onyx Black and coloured with Distress markers and a waterbrush. For the calendar page I added two dragonflies made with shrink plastic and a dragonfly stamp from Rubberdance (the large dragonfly, I believe).

Somehow these scrapbook style 8x8 calendar pages have felt easiest to tackle, once again it was the first of this month's calendar pages that I finished (still two June pages to do, and only a week left!). No calendar grid to be seen here, because it will be drawn behind the July page once I choose the paper for it. I have updated my May calendar post with the grid I drew behind this one. 


Update: here is the whole calendar spread. Keeping it simple: I found a nice little picture on a Studio Light cut out sheet and used it to embellish the grid. As usual, the grid follows Finnish calendar standards running from Monday to Sunday and with the names written for each day. The previous pages of this calendar can be found here:

April 

7 kommenttia:

  1. They are beautiful stamps and beautifully coloured.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Lovely stamps, I must keep my eye out for them. A really pretty page. x

    VastaaPoista
  3. A beautiful calendar page, I love the images.
    xxx Hazel.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Gorgeous card Kristiina!! So beautiful. Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    VastaaPoista
  5. Beautifully coloured flowers and your dragonflies are fabulous :D

    VastaaPoista
  6. Your images are so beautifully coloured creatiing two lovely projects.

    VastaaPoista